Providing common-sense reforms
The number one responsibility of our elected officials is to protect the citizens’ individual rights and freedoms. I do believe a reasonable degree of security is necessary to allow for the exercise of these freedoms. I will always keep this in mind when weighing potential votes on legislation.
We must put families before felons by passing legislation that cracks down on criminal activity and keeps our homes and communities secure. We cannot coddle criminals, families should feel safe….
Solutions proposed that I support:
• increasing child abuse penalties and prevent convicted abusers from working with children.
• preventing public records abuses by prisoners who try to retaliate against police and corrections officers.
• toughening sentences on gangs, including gang intimidation, tagging and recruiting.
• restricting computer access for convicted incarcerated sex offenders.
• strengthening the supervision of sex offenders with GPS monitoring.
“Our Government is in place to protect our rights and freedoms, not to protect us from them.”~ Dan Griffey